As spring starts, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Sacramento? Especially if your cooling system is newer or was running good last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Bishop’s HVAC expert can help spot minor issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps locate little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine parts and complete a series of AC performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into big troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your system is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and parts:
- Overall equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Now with Bishop’s HVAC
Today is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Bishop’s HVAC pros a call at 916-591-6889 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.